Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mara Wilson (Matilda)

Mara Wilson captured our hearts at a young age. She was just too cute in Mrs Doubtfire, too witty in Miracle on 34th Street, and too AWESOME in Matilda. But what happened to her? Where'd she go? Is she still alive? What has she been up to for the past few years? Why is she not in any movies anymore. These are all questions I had when I set out to find her. 

Watch the video and follow the link to find out where she is and why she left Hollywood. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/17/former-child-star-mara-wilson-quit-acting_n_1432158.html

(Audio Transcription)
I awoke early that morning with questions in my mind. I could sleep any longer and I couldn't lay in bed and let the madness take a hold of me. I had to get up. I was restless. I was thirsting, hungering for knowledge, and I went to try to quench that thirst and hunger with simply food but nothing would suffice. I decided to go to the internet which I had always trusted to educate me and to answer all the questions I might have had. Today I had a very specific question (What happened to Matilda?), and though answers appeared, they weren't all the answers I needed. There was only one place I could go, only one person I trusted. 
(Phone rings)
Hello?
Hey
I was sleeping!
Do you know what happened to Matilda?
What? Mara Wilson?
Yeah I guess. I don't know her real name.
Yeah the girl who played Matilda. I know what happened to her. 
Well where is she? What's she been up to for the past few years?
She stopped acting a few years after Matilda. You know she was in some more movies? Stuff like Mrs Doubtfire, Miracle on 34th Street, and Matilda, of course. She was also on Melrose place for a little while. She really did a lot of films. 
Are you showering?
Yeah so I guess she's done some voice over work since, but other than that she's really just done some theater.
So she's pretty done with acting in file then?
I mean pretty much. That's really all she's done since then. 
OK.
She said that she was eager to leave Hollywood. She felt like her identify was kinda stolen by Matilda. So she just wants people to know her for Mara. So maybe you should refer to her as Mara in the future instead of just Matilda. 
OK, Well thanks. 
I gotta go get ready for the day.
Alright.
Talk to you later.
Have a good one.
Bye.
Bye.
This has been the Herald Angel, until next time!

1 comment:

  1. The HuffPost says:
    "Here is something no real celebrity will ever tell you: film acting is not very fun," she wrote. "Doing the same thing over and over again until, in the director’s eyes, you “get it right” does not allow for very much creative freedom ... In terms of sheer adrenaline, film has absolutely nothing on theater."

    I find this interesting. It's obviously not this case for every kind of actor/actress but I am sure many feel this way.
    -Colby

    ReplyDelete